Iman Awaad, M.Sc.
Bonn-Rhine-Sieg University of Applied Sciences
Department of Computer Science
53754 Sankt Augustin
Room C 203
Tel. +49 2241 865 295
Fax. +49 2241 865 8295
I am currently a doctoral candidate supervised by Prof. Dr. Joachim Hertzberg at the University of Osnabrück. I obtained my bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Rutgers, the State University of NJ in 1996 and my master's degree in Autonomous Systems in 2008 from BRSU.
Areas of interest:
- Automated planning
- Knowledge representation and reasoning
- Affordance-based robotics
- Robot control architectures
- Knowledge management systems
- Lecturer: WS 2011/12: Introduction to Scientific Work Seminar
- TA: WS 2011/12: Planning and Scheduling
- Lecturer: WS 2010/11: Planning and Scheduling
- TA: WS 2009/10: Planning & Scheduling
- TA: WS 2008/09: Control & Systems Theory
- I. Bratko, D. Suc, I. Awaad, J. Demsar, P. Gemeiner, M. Guid, B. Leon, M. Mestnik, J. Prankle, E. Prassler, M. Vincze, and J. Zabkar. Initial experiments in robot discovery in XPERO. In IEEE ICRA Workshop on "Concept Learning for Embodied Agents", April 2007.
- I. Awaad and B. Leon. XPERSIF: A software integration framework & architecture for robotic learning by experimentation. Master thesis, 2008.
- I. Awaad, Ronny Hartanto, Beatriz Leon and Paul Ploeger. A Software System for Robotic Learning by Experimentation. In Proceedings of the IROS 2008 Workshop on Robot Simulators: Available software, scientific applications and future.
- I. Awaad and Beatriz Leon. XPERSim: A simulator for robot learning by experimentation. In Proceedings of SIMPAR 2008.
- I. Awaad, B. Leon and R. Hartanto. A Software System for Robotic Learning by Experimentation. In Proceedings of SIMPAR 2008.
- T. Breuer, G. Giorgana, F. Hegger, C. Müller, Z. Jin, M. Reckhaus, J. Paulus, N. Hochgeschwender, I. Awaad, R. Hartanto, P. Plöger, and G. Kraetzschmar. The b-it- bots RoboCup@Home 2010 Team Description Paper. RoboCup-2010, Singapore, 2010.
- Master's Thesis, February 2008. Awarded Best Thesis in Computer Science in 2008 by BRSU.
[ « Back]